Happy Boxing Day!

May be some of you will ask: What is Boxing day? or why it is called Boxing Day? Of course, it is definitely nothing to do with the sport of boxing. Boxing Day takes place on 26 December which is a holiday traditionally celebrated by the following Christmas Day. It is a time to spend with family and friends, gathering together with full of laughter & foods and unwrapped their Christmas gifts.

Some historians say the holidays developed because servants were required to work on Christmas Day. Their employers would present them with gift boxes when they took the following day off to visit their families. While some says it is the day when the monks and priests used collecting boxes to collect money for the poor at Christmas. On the day after Chistmas, the priests used to open the boxes and distribute the contents to the poor of the village. Thus this day came to be called Boxing Day.

Ok. There is some sharing of the history of Boxing Day in case you have no idea what is that about. I have a present to unwrap as well which is from my private Santa Claus and would like to share you all what I get this year. Normally people will place the present under the X-mas tree, right? But he has his special way to surprise me as always he did. He placed the present on my chair when I was away to make our beverage in the kitchen. When I came back with our beverages, I just wonder that why there was a pillow (actually the gift bag made it look like a pillow) on my chair. Funny me that I just took it up and placed it aside until I sat down only I realized that it is my Christmas present from him.


He presented me a nice handbag exclusively from GUESS with a beautiful greeting card inside the handbag. Ohhhhhh..... How sweet he is. Forgive me that I cannot share the contents in the greeting card with you all where I don't think you all wanna know about something which will make you goosebumps, right? The reason he bought me this handbag is he said I am lack of handbag to use for event. I think probably this is the first time I heard from a man to say that his girlfriend is lack of handbag in her cupboard. LOL.... And what I wanna say is thank you so much for everything my dear and you are easily put a smile on my face.









Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone with a spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is not what's under the Christmas tree that matter it's who around you.



Love, 
Beverly

Comments

Popular Posts